Have you ever found yourself leaving worship service on Sunday ready to tackle the week ahead? With our spiritual tanks filled and Christ front and center, we’re ready!
Our focus shifts as Monday rolls around. Emails, conference calls and deadlines fill the calendar. Oh, and by the way, can you pick the kids up from school? It’s easy to see how our spiritual tank could be running on “E” by Thursday.
Here are 5 simple ways to keep Christ at the center of the work week grind.
- Early morning devotion. The YouVersion Bible app is a great, free resource. YouVersion has numerous devotionals and reading plans with an array of topics. Start your day with 20 minutes of planned Bible reading. Find a quiet place, grab your morning joe and see what Gods word has to say.
- Subscribe to Christian podcasts. This is a great way to maximize your time while you’re on the go. Whether you’re getting dressed, commuting to work or exercising.
- Mention The Faith daily. We have daily encounters with co-workers, family, friends and even strangers. Find an opportunity to drop some Jesus in there. Mention your faith, your church or even Scripture. Treat it like a challenge, waiting for the right opportunity.
- Use prayer to decompress. Work is stressful, it’s hard and it’s difficult to shut down at 5PM. Praying on the commute home is a great time to reflect, praise, give thanks and even complain about our day. Give it all to God so you’re able to give your family all of you in the evening.
- End your day the way it started, Scripture and prayer.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.Matthew 6:33 ESV